75 years since the foundation of The „Dimitrie Gusti” National Village Museum

The Village Museum („Muzeul Satului”), one of the world’s first ethnographical museums in open air was established in the Herastrau Park of Bucharest, in 1936. The creation of the „Dimitrie Gusti” National Village Museum is the result of intensive and sustained research, both theoretical and in-field, as well as the result of several museographic experiments coordinated by professor Dimitre Gusti, the creator of the Bucharest School of Sociology.

On the occasion of the „Open wide the gates!” event, dedicated to the anniversary of 75 years since the foundation of the museum, prominent Romanian cultural figures were awarded anniversary medals and plaques produced by the State Mint on this occasion.